Dear Neighbor,

Little did I know that when you elected me last November to represent you at the state capitol that my first session would turn out to be so contentious. According to my DFL colleagues, this past session was like none they had experienced before. This was due in large part to a new far-right Republican majority in both the House and the Senate whose game plan simply was to obstruct and reject meaningful measures and reforms.

Friends, Minnesota deserves better! Yet under the unwavering leadership of the DFL Minority Leader, Melissa Hortman, my fellow DFL legislators and I worked hard to ensure that the 2017 legislative session was not a complete disaster. We secured $50 million to continue early childhood education programs and ensured $990 million for critical infrastructure investments throughout Minnesota.

These issues matter so much to our communities and I will continue to fight for investments in our families and the future of Minnesota in the next legislative session. And I look forward to discussing these and many other issues with you as I visit communities throughout my district this summer and fall.

Help me continue our good work by making a refundable contribution to my campaign fund. The good news is that beginning July 1st, donors will receive a one-time $50 refund whenever you make a donation of $50 or more ($100 for married couples). This refund is sponsored by the Minnesota Political Contribution Refund program which believes that elections should be funded locally – not funded by millionaires and outside corporate interests.

It is easy to make a $50 refundable contribution to my campaign by using the link below. I then will send you a receipt and form to submit to the State to receive your refund. Once you mail in your donation form, the State will send you a refund check as a thank you for participating in our democracy.  The maximum contribution allowable is $1,000 per individual, $2,000 per couple.

I can’t do this alone and so appreciate your continued support in representing our communities at the State.

Thank you for your support!

Or, send a check to:

Mary KP for House
196 Windsor Ct.
New Brighton MN 55112